Friday, June 13, 2014

Harvest Recipes: Chocolate Milk Green Smoothie



Last night upon harvesting a load of greens, one mom said, "what are we going to do with all of these!?!?" I responded, "stirfries, salads, or green smoothies!" "Green Smoothies?" "I make one that's just like chocoloate milk! It's the easiest way to get Gracie to eat her greens!" 





 Chocolate Milk Green Smoothie

1 banana, frozen
1 1/2 c. coconut water
1 1/2 c. milk of your choice (I use soy or almond)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp sweetener of your choice *see note
2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
2 tbsp hemp seed (optional)

Blend it UP! 

I try to make it the consistency of that thick Dean's Chocolate Milk. So it usually comes out somewhere between milk and a smoothie. It is always a winner in my house. We frequently have it for dinner as our salad.


** Sweeteners - My favorite is two dates that have been soaked overnight in coconut water. I don't always think to have them soaking. So I most frequently use coconut sugar or maple syrup.

No comments: