Sunday, November 18, 2018

Mother Daughter Retreat: Year 6


This last week Gracie and I honored our tradition of the Mother-Daughter Retreat at Eco-Justice Center in Racine, WI that began when she was 6 years old! This was our 6th Year! (You can see the chronicle of our other years here.)

This year was by far our best yet.

As we drove out on Sunday night, I was feeling unsettled. I should be working. Gracie should be in school. It cost so much to care for our animals while we are away.

I didn't voice any of this to Gracie, but she was feeling it too. I miss home. I hope Izzy is ok in the kennel. Mom, I almost asked to go home, I feel like we need to be home.

We fell asleep Sunday night offering prayers for a peaceful retreat and care over our house and animals while we were away.

We woke up Monday morning feeling refreshed. Quickly, I realized something really important. Gracie rarely gets all of me. This was 36 hours we set aside to give to one another. I had no other distractions. It was just Gracie and I, a pile of art supplies, and a load of trails to be explored.

There are loved ones in our lives that deserve us, all of us. It is the gift of self. I have to be really, really intentional to do this....

*****
reunited with the swing!

These Guinea Hens followed us every where, I think they wanted to play soccer


At the start of the trail




We have our adventurin' boots on


we 💗💗💗 rocks


watercolor painting


there is nothing like conquering the tree stump

our watercolor creations

there was a fair amount of crocheting, ukulele playing, and singing








No comments: