Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Sacred Space


I am almost always busy. Run run run. At bedtime, my head hits the pillow and I am fast asleep. Life is full to the brim. Sound familiar? I know I am not alone. 

There are many times at the end of the day that I remark to myself, "I never once stopped to notice God's presence with me today." So I try to take 5 minutes of uninterrupted thinking time to review the day. Uninterrupted is the keyword. I frequently interrupt my own thoughts with the long list of to dos, or as I stated above, I am asleep before the end of 5 minutes.

So lately, I have been pondering Sacred Space. My mom and I have been busy bees in our Mary Garden, working at least 1 full day a week. I cherish the time in the garden that we have built for Mary our Mother. 

This led me to wonder about other times that I cherish, walks in the woods with Gracie, crafting with good friends, the 30 mins of silence while watering my gardens, listening to Gracie and her good buddy building their secret hideout in the woods, Nativity House chatter during meals or after prayer or in the garden, times when it's just Justin, Gracie and I.

These are Sacred Spaces that God has carved out for me. In these times I am aware of His workings in my life and the lives of those around me.

What are your Sacred Spaces?


***
A few images of some my Sacred Spaces


A day at the Milwaukee Lakefront with these two 💕s


Our first Nativity House Garden Work day


Nativity House Community Road Trip!


Creek walking with Gracie


Me and my Mom after a long day of working in the Mary Garden




Good Friends on Good Friday, bead and rosary making




No comments: