Friday, February 9, 2018

On the Farm - Winter Edition - Snow Day!

This winter has been frigid and appropriately snowy. I am not one to complain about the weather. My mantra is "there is no bad weather, just bad clothing choices." There is too much wonder in our natural world to stay away in the winter.

I have been spending my outside time these last weeks with the goats and chickens and for the most fun - on the tractor. I am sure that I am not as efficient a plower as my husband, Justin, but it is a very satisfying chore.

 Just a girl and a tractor and 6 inches of snow



Lunch time


The afternoon sun through the cherry tree


UPDATE! SNOW DAY!
What did you do on your snow day?

Coffee in bed with some prepatory reading for our trip. We leave SUNDAY! ACK

Sarah, Annemarie, Gracie and I rewarded ourselves after shoveling for a little light sledding.







Getting warm with some hot cocoa and jam making! 
I finally  had time to turn the strawberry harvest into jam! And it is SOOOOO good.





No comments: