Thursday, December 17, 2015

Roasted Beet Hummus

It's no secret. I love beets.
I am always looking for new ways to work them in to the meal! We get a box of organic fruits and veggies delivered to our home weekly and I had a plethora of beets. What a delight! But honestly, after a giant bowl of Red Velvet Soup, could I really ask my community members to endure more beets??

A light bulb went off!
I haven't tried a beet dip yet!!


So that is how beet hummus came to our table.


Beet Hummus

3 small - medium Beets
5-10 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil

Chop the beets. Toss beets and garlic in two tbsp of olive oil. Roast at 400 for 30 mins in the oven.

1 can of garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt to taste
Feta for Topping

Add cooled beets and garlic to food processor with garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, salt. Blend until smooth. Top with feta cheese and serve with pita, baby carrots, cucumbers, corn chips. (whatever you like to dip in the dip)

No comments: