Friday, November 22, 2019

Mother Daughter Retreat: Year 7


Gracie is in the beginning of her adolescent years and I love it. I love watching her test out her beliefs and finding her voice. I thought for sure as we ventured into this stage of development she would want nothing to do with our retreat tradition. 

Boy was I wrong! 

Just like previous years she was the one reminding me, "it's October! When are we going on retreat?"

This year, like every year, finding the time was a struggle. On the drive up to Racine, late on a Wednesday, I was exhausted and apprehensive. There's always so much work to do instead of resting. But it was imperative that we rest and rest together. 

My favorite moment of the 24 hour getaway was when Gracie was sitting and crocheting, out of the blue, she bursts out in song, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is Good, His mercy endures forever!"


Western Shore of Lake Michigan



Stream Walking at Grant Park, South Milwaukee


Stream Walking at Grant Park, South Milwaukee


Favorite Climbing Tree at Eco-Justice Center!

No comments: