Tuesday, June 12, 2018

I Chose Marriage


June 14, 2018 marks 15 years of marriage for Justin and I.

Many emotions swirl around this heart of mine as I reflect on the last 15 years of marriage, 18 years together. The tears that well up in my eyes when looking over pictures from the last years are heavy with joy, love, hardship, blessing, fear, accomplishment, celebration. 

I chose marriage. No, not really. It chose me. And I fought it with my whole being. I was terrified. Some days I still am. Marriage is a crazy adventure. Marriage is hard hard work. Marriage is an act of faith in the Holy Trinity (more than one Holy Trinity if you get my drift.)

At some point about half way through these 15 years, I stopped fighting it. I can't put my finger on when that was. It was gradual but I began to revel in the plan that God has for Justin and I.  Trusting in God's plan has proved to be way better than I could have ever imagined.

***

When I was in grad school, my sacraments professor was clear as a bell: in the Sacrament of Marriage spouses draw each other closer to Christ. You must regularly partake of the Eucharist to nourish the bonds of marriage.

Just Do It



***

Justin is the best adventurer partner for me. When I reflect on the man that God chose for me, I am struck with wonder and awe. Justin is an example of how God's plans for us are so much bigger and better than we could ever imagine. Justin, putting it pure and simple, is a man of deep faith. All that he is as husband and father are drawn from the well of faith. 

Thank you, Jesus!






Flag Day, 2003.


The beginning of the Parenting Adventure! 11 years ago!


August 1, 2017.

Our first Camping Trip!


***

Year 14 has been a great year!

Starved Rock for Gracie's 10th Birthday

Smokey Mountain National Park

Happy 40th Justin!

Christmas at the Art Institute


Ah! Roma!


Atop St. Peters Basilica

Happy 40th Birthday to Me!
Happy St. Patricks Day!

Space Center Houston

Graue Mill for Mothers Day







No comments: