Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Carefree Timelessness

Every night, well, almost every night, I ask Gracie, "What do you need to tell Jesus thank you for today?"

Her responses always span the gamut.

Last week, one of her responses stopped me in my tracks, "I loved walking Izzy [the dog] with you. It was just me and you, together. Not worried or rushing."

Ahh... Carefree timelessness.

We were together for 20 minutes. We walked down to the end of our road and watched the creek. We walked back. I have no idea what we talked about. It was just a normal day. Those 20 minutes of mom and me time are what Gracie was needing that day and she thanked Jesus for it. 

Thank you, Jesus.

Humans in the United States are generally over scheduled, over committed, over tired humans. And we instill that into our children. What a legacy.

It is important that if we leave our children this legacy, that we also leave them the legacy of thankfulness and intentionality. 

I want Gracie to find gratitude at the end of each day.
I want Gracie to relish in the moments of carefree timelessness.
I want Gracie to be intentional in each of these tasks.


***


Some carefree timelessness in Buffalo, NY with old friends.


Feisin' in Buffalo


Gracie with 2 new instant friends - Colleen's kiddies Lauren & Ryan


Colleen and Gracie - The Falls all lit up!


The Cave of the Winds

They are suited up and ready for the deluge




Bridal Veil Falls is behind us


Under the Falls

Just a little wet - Justin stood right under the falls and looked up!






We had a wonderful weekend of Carefree Timelessness with Colleen and her family. 
Such blessed times with old friends!


1 comment:

Colleen-UB said...

We had such a good time with you too! Thrilled you could visit us!!